Thursday, August 25, 2011

Falling Under - Gwen Hayes






Title: Falling Under

Author: Gwen Hayes

Release Date: 3/1/2011

Publisher: Penguin Group



Overall Rating: 3.5/5


Overview: "Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- Not around town, but in her dreams.


As the Haden of both the night and day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels toward him is stronger than her fear.


And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul." - Barnes and Noble


Review: I have to say, I was overly excited to read this paranormal YA novel, but was not as pleased with the overall effect as I would have liked. Sure, it boasts a likeable heroin, a hunky hero, and all the supporting cast just as any good novel should, however at the last page, I lacked the feeling of...."It can't end NOW!" (please insert extremely whiny voice with a hint of longing). I didn't feel like Hayes explored the romance as much as I would have like to see. I understand "love at first sight", however, there still needs to be enough of a love story to make the reader feel the need to be involved in the relationship. This book is the first in a series, and I will most likely read the remaining books. Overall, I would recommend this read for something to occupy your time, but definitely not something that leaves you begging for more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment